We have been closely following the COVID-19 situation, and taken great care to observe practices used internationally and locally to keep patients safe from its spread. We have enacted many measures at our clinic to keep it clean and disinfected.
We have additionally consulted with an infectious disease epidemiologist who specializes in pandemics to be certain that our practices were top-notch. Essentially, we are going above and beyond OSHA’s guidelines for this situation.
Here are just some of the steps we are taking at the clinic:
- We are requiring that all sick or recently sick (even those with the flu, or a cold) patients reschedule.
- We also require that if you have been in contact with anyone that has been diagnosed with COVID-19, or asked by a health care professional to self isolate, that you keep yourself from the clinic for at least 14 days.
- All providers are wearing N95 masks, to keep you safe. All staff are wearing masks while interfacing with the public.
- All patients/persons entering the clinic are required to wear some type of mask or face covering.
- We are thoroughly disinfecting rooms and high touch surfaces between patients, with a hospital-grade hydrogen peroxide that is perfectly formulated to kill COVID-19.
- We are using ozone at night to disinfect the clinic. This is a strategy used by large institutions to combat bad infections like bacterial meningitis in locker rooms, this works great for killing viruses as well!
- We are using continuous air disinfection in the public restroom, because you don’t need those germs.
- We have moved to a BYOB – “bring your own blanket” policy.
- And another BYOB – “bring your own book policy.” All reading materials have been removed from the waiting room.
- Our water cooler amenity is only available my request – all unnecessary high touch surfaces had to go.
- We have removed the soft covers on the treatment table face cradles so that they can be disinfected between uses. Yay clean!
- We are keeping all patients at a safe distance from each other, and keeping each room empty for more than enough time between visits for thorough disinfection.
- Making sanitizer, gloves, and masks available to our staff for usage as is appropriate.
- Making had sanitizer available for patients at specific points in the clinic.
- Requiring staff to stay home if they are sick.
- No handshakes or clinically unnecessary touching! Just makes sense.
- And of course, we are all hand washing and using hand sanitizer to the extreme.
We encourage everyone to use their best judgment as to whether or not it feels safe for them to venture out, but we wanted to alert you to the steps we are taking at the clinic. We feel good about being here right now, and want you to, as well.
Moving forward, we will be alert to new information and recommendations and will make adjustments to our practices as needed.
There is the perspective that there has never been a better time to be healthy! Take care, and thank you for entrusting us to be a resource to you, now and always.
If you have any specific concerns, please reach out to us directly at 804-234-3843.